Great results in business also involves strategic planning of office furniture designs and arrangements. You can increase work productivity of employees with the use of good furniture and interior design elements. Furnishing a workspace is not as simple as it seems. The style, nature of work, and results needed will dictate the type of tables, chairs, cabinets, colors, and arrangement of items in an office. Keep in mind that once you decide and purchase these furnishings, your employees will have to live with these sets for many years. Here are some ideas you can use for your office.
Choosing Popular Office Furniture Designs
Most workspaces choose the more popular designs available in furniture stores. This is the most convenient way to furnish an office space particularly for more temporary offices. One major benefit of choosing popular designs is the elimination of worry when you need to add new furniture in case of expansion. When you have additional employees, it would be easy to find a matching new furniture from the store. When replacements are needed due to damages, which is often the case with ready-made furniture, you can find one within the day. Productivity will not be slowed down by finding a replacement furniture as these are readily available. The downside of this is that your office space will look like any generic workspace. If aesthetics is not a priority, you can go for this option. Most popular furniture designs include the following:
- Storage desks
- Open shelves
- Stackable office chairs
- Ergonomic computer chairs
Design for a Healthy Work Environment
Apart from the goal of increasing performance, any company should put top priority in designing a healthy work environment. Healthy employees are happy employees. In addition to having a clean and well-lighted workplace or coworking space, also choose the right kind of furniture. These types furniture can use some basic improvements:
- Desks – Go for height-adjustable tables or computer desks. This design helps improve posture, brain activity, and lessen back pain. You may also provide standing desks or high coffee tables.
- Chairs – Look for a chair with lumbar support, adjustable seat depth that has a free-tilt mechanism.
- Shelves –place the shelf on a higher level that will require people to stand when getting something, such as office supplies, from it. An opportunity to walk and stand is great for blood circulation.
- Use eco-friendly furniture and carpets – Although this may cost you more than regular furniture, opting for a toxin-free office suite will be beneficial to you and your employees’ health in the long run.
Dr. Sofa in Partnership with WeWork
Work environments continue to evolve. To keep up with the growing demands of the empowered new breed of professionals, coworking spaces such as WeWork design state of the art workspaces. These coworking spaces encourage productivity, interaction, and spaces where users can focus on their work at hand. Dr. Sofa, a premier NYC furniture service company, supplies furniture that enhances a living-room ambiance to WeWork. These comfy couches exude a functional blend of work and comfort in one package as its adds a homelike environment to its coworking spaces.
Office furniture will continue to evolve to cater to the growing and varying the needs of workers. With this, Dr. Sofa company continues to make itself available to both residential and corporate clients in and around New York.