Download Printable Sofa Reupholstery Infographic Here
If you need a living room makeover and want to have your furniture reupholstered, would you rather “Do It Yourself” or do you leave it to the pros and say “Do It For Me”?
1. Tight budget? Save money by bringing old furniture back to life.
2. Spilled wine? Reupholstering eliminates any cuts, scratches, stains, and discolorations.
3. Want to give your living room a full make-over? Restore almost all fabric or leather furniture.
4. Rejuvenate priceless childhood memories by salvaging antique or sentimental pieces.
5. Add a personal touch – customize or select a specific color, fabric, or cushion.
6. You can finally put all of your inspiration boards to good use!
Common Misconceptions: DIY vs. DIFM
Save money and go shopping instead.
A fun and creative craft for self-starters.
A rewarding family activity.
You learn new skills and it gets easier with practice
Hiring professionals costs money
Fewer customizations could mean less creativity
Will a professional follow my vision?
Will professionals use machines? I want handcrafted quality.
The Real Deal: DIY vs. DIFM
You have to buy the proper tools and equipment.
It’s not a one-person job. You will need help.
Being an amateur, expect a lot of trial and error.
There are details that only a trained eye can see.
The fabric you picked looks better when it’s not on your sofa.
The clean-up would be a nightmare to deal with.
Pros have access to state-of-the-art tools.
A skilled team will produce better, faster results.
Your dream couch is guaranteed to look professionally done.
Pros know which fabric, cushion or wood is best for restoration.
No mess – just a lovely and comfy sofa that looks brand new.
DIY Reupholstery might seem fun and easy at first, but why waste time and money on costly mistakes? Go straight to a pro and your sofa will look good as new!